Vantage Towers is one of Europe’s largest Tower Companies owning and operating more than 55.000 sites across eight European countries. The IT organisation of Vantage Towers is a pivotal business function, providing innovative and efficient IT solutions to enable our business units to work in a highly efficient, digital way and to ensure full data transparency for Technology, Finance and Customer Operations.
In VT we aim to be a data-driven company and unleash the potential of data starting with the application system landscape, therefore we are strengthening our team with Senior Expert Enterprise Data Architecture role.
As the Senior Expert Enterprise Data Architecture, you will be an integral member of the Enterprise Architecture Team and will be responsible for the design and implementation of enterprise-wide data assets across the implemented applications and systems, ensuring the data architecture supports the current and future business needs. You will apply your knowledge of good data architecture practice, architecture documentation and data technologies to comprehensively capture VT current state holistic data architecture and oversee target state design and implementation.
You will be working closely with the application owners, developers, data stewards and business owners to ensure provided solutions are fitting strategic and tactical ambitions and deliver immediate value to the business stakeholders.What you’ll do
- Create and implement the data strategy aligned with company objectives, ensuring data consistency, scalability, and reusability
- Design conceptual, logical and physical data models and collaborate with various internal and external teams (i.e. Business Stakeholders and Solution Architects) to understand requirements and to ensure consistent implementation across the IT stack, be a gatekeeper for the best practice solutions
- Contribute to establish and run Data Governance and Data Management framework together with key stakeholders
- Gather knowledge about the data landscape across Vantage Towers’ systems and proactively assess and improve the data models to optimize data efficiency, interoperability and performance, fulfilling business needs
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation of the data architecture and standards and communicate across the different stakeholders
- Mapping key Enterprise data entities to business capabilities and applications
- Engineering degree (Bachelor/Master) in computer science/Data Analytics or Business Administration with strong IT background
- At least 5 years hands-on experience on designing databases and data models across systems including at least 2 years using different cloud/SaaS services.
- At least 2 years’ experience developing data models across SaaS applications and low-code/no-code platforms
- Familiarity with data models within TMForum or other relevant standards bodies
- Extensive professional experience in distributed, multinational organizations
- TOGAF Certified or equivalent Certified
- Strong customer and business orientation to align data strategies with business objectives
- Strong knowledge of industry best practices around data architecture in both SaaS and cloud-based solutions
- Deep practical knowledge in design & implementation of data models across business applications, especially SaaS applications, low-code/no-code platforms such as Salesforce and ServiceNow, and API-based integrations
- Excellent data modelling skills (logical, physical, sematic and integration models) including normalisation, OLAP / OLTP principles and entity relationship analysis
- Strong knowledge of data governance and management principles and related best practices
- Exceptional analytical & problem-solving skills to understand complex data challenges and to provide effective solutions
- Strong communication, presentation, and stakeholder influencing skills to convey technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Excellent command of English, both verbally and written
Worried that you don’t meet all the desired criteria exactly? We are passionate about Inclusion for All and creating a workplace where everyone can thrive, whatever their personal or professional background. If you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align exactly with every part of the job description, we encourage you to apply as you may be the right candidate for this role or another role, and our recruitment team can help you see how your skills fit in.